Wednesday 10 September 2008

Methodology

Diaries
As well as this blog, l am keeping my own diary of events and thoughts leading up to going on the field trip in A6 sketchbooks. This form of reflexive diary l have previously kept whilst on the field trip to Giriamaland to carry out my doctoral research into the Commemorative Grave Posts inland from Kilifi in Kenya. I also keep studio diaries, which are useful to analyse later on for recurrent themes and thoughts in my art practice. This will also form an important element of my work and documentation on returning from Nigeria, as l experiment and later prepare artwork for the exhibitions.

Photographs/video footage will also be kept as a visual record during the fieldwork, and a photographic record of the artwork as it progresses in the studio.

The methodology is essentially phenomenological.

No comments: